Greed

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I think Greed is good (in essence), if it is used as a tool to motivate an individual to strive for more in their life. You can merely sit around hoping success will come your way, or you can go out and get it. I believe that people who use greed as their driving force in achieving their goals should in theory be more ambitious and work harder towards achieving those goals. Personally I think my greed has played an integral role in me setting forth on the journey to achieve my goals and success. If I didn’t value the “almighty dollar” as much, and I didn’t dream of one day having a 6 figure salary, I seriously doubt that I would be as motivated as I am in chasing that dream. It’s the possibility of those goals and dreams coming to fruition that makes this country so great. This country was founded on greed and the world would be a very different place if greed didn’t exist.


Due to the current financial status of my bank account I would probably design a ”whack-em “ doll of my boss. He has continuously assigned me more and more responsibilities over the past few years with no compensation, or even hope of future compensation. Ive worked for him for the past 3 years, and I’ve come to notice that the physical or mental well being of his employees means absolutely nothing to him. I am so grossly underpaid, that I probably make half what a designer of my skill level makes. I still have no health benefits, or any of the other common courtesies that most employers provide to their employees, let alone the employees that play a major role in the company. I am an integral part of his business and helped the overall image of the company grow at an incredible rate. So smashing him in effigy with a hammer would be a good way for me to vent my frustrations and ease the pain of being taken advantage of.

Posted by DAMNATION CREATIVE at 9:30 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment