Illicit
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I believe the problem with copyright infringement is that it has reached a worldwide level and is becoming out of our control. One of the main problems is the cooperation of other countries and their governments. Take china for example, who chooses not to observe the united states copyright laws, where the labor is cheap and the man power is plenty. The video spoke about how much revenue these illegal industries provide for the country and its people. The government of china knows it is a problem, and seemingly sits there watching this happen, all the officials in china take bribes or “dividends” to give companies their permits to operate, making it even easier to increase the amount of said bribe to produce illegal goods. I don’t believe in a one world government, and I don’t see all the countries coming together and cooperating with each other to solve this problem. The point I’m trying to make is that everyone seems to have their own agenda and this situation has gone way past the limit of it ever being controlled in some sort of reasonable manor. I realize how the world works, and I do create intellectual property in which I expect the copyright to be upheld. But the world isn’t perfect and due to the state of the current situation I think copyright infringement has just become another “cost of doing business”. I am willing to fight for any copyright of mine if I discover it has been infringed upon, so I guess we’ll just have to sit back and see how this all pans out.